I can’t believe it’s already been a year since the last (and my first) time I visited Brussels for FOSDEM 2008! Although I have considered myself part of Mozilla since 2002, FOSDEM 2008 was the first physical Mozilla event I ever attended to, and it was just awesome! I can’t wait to go there again this weekend.
I hope to be able to achieve a number of things during this year’s event:
- Meet with as many SUMO localizers as possible to figure out how we can make the process of localizing SUMO clearer and more straightforward. We’ve been talking about this a lot within the SUMO team, and as we’ve shared in the roadmap, we hope to address that with the SUMO 1.0 milestone. If you’re a SUMO localizer and will attend to FOSDEM, please let me know!
- Meet some of the TikiWiki developers to figure out how our l10n plans align with theirs and whether or not we could work together on this (Marc: I’m looking at you! :) )
- Discuss the proposed SUMO 1.0 plan with l10n drivers like Seth, Axel, and Pascal, to ensure we’re on the same page about what needs to be done.
- Sit down with John Slater to discuss the start page optimizations chofmann, Slater and I were initiating back in November (see blog post from early December) and figure out the next steps. We already have some ideas that originates from research mentioned in bug 381877.
- Sit down even more with John Slater (hopefully with Tara on the line) to come up with a plan for the next phase of the SUMO logo.
- Get drunk? We shall see…