Tomorrow I’ll be traveling to Geneva for the first EU Inter-Community Meetup, arranged by no other than the hard-to-resist William Quiviger. I’m really looking forward to this event, which will focus on bringing together active communities from across Europe in the same city for a day of presentations, discussions and workshops. Also, I’ve never been in Geneva before (but I’m actually not sure if I’ve been in Switzerland… I have a vague memory of sitting in the back seat with my brother Manuel on the way to Spain, hearing our parents say “now we’re driving through Switzerland!” …but it could might as well have been Luxembourg, which seems like a more sensible route from Sweden to Spain)!
The communities attending are:
- Mozilla Danmark (MozDK) represented by Hansen, Henrik Gemal and Jesper Kristensen
- Mozilla France (MozFR) represented by Cedric Corazza, Goofy and Omnisilver
- Mozilla Germany represented by Kadir Topal, Thomas Schwecherl and Michael Köhler
- Mozilla Hispano represented by Nukeador, Francisco Picolini and Willyaranda
- Mozilla Italia represented by Giuliano “jooliaan” Masseroni, Francesco “flod” Lodolo and Simone “Underpass” Lando
I’ll be leading a discussion about SUMO and community support in order to figure out how support is handled today, how these local support communities look like and differ from each other, and if and how SUMO is part of their solution.
My hope is that this meetup will allow us to learn from each other and improve our communication and collaboration. I’m sure we’ll also have time to discuss specifics in SUMO itself — for example, maybe there are things in SUMO that could be improved to make support easier?
Of course, I’m also looking forward to meeting many of the fellow European Mozillians again and have a good time together. :)
Postcard from Luxembourg by snaiwedu.