I’m going to Germany next Monday for work! I’m really excited about it, as I love to travel. Although I’m mostly going to drive around in a car, it’s nice to travel to different countries and meet new people. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to take some pictures during the trip. It’s a pretty tight schedule though:
- Monday evening: flight from Stockholm, Sweden to Stuttgart, Germany. Hotel somewhere in Stuttgart, haven’t decided which yet.
- Tuesday: Car drive south west to Pfalzgrafenweiler to visit a customer, then moving on to another customer where I’m supposed to stay over night and update the software on a machine. Hopefully things will go well.
- Wednesday, morning: Stay at the customer while they resume production to make sure everything works without problems.
- Wednesday, noon: Drive north east 3Â½ hours to a place outside NÃ¼rnberg to visit another customer.
- Wednesday, afternoon: Train from NÃ¼rnberg to Herford. Hotel in Herford over the night.
- Thursday, morning: Drive west 1Â½ hours to Stadtlohn to visit customer.
- Thursday, noon: Drive further west another 1Â½ hours to Doetinchem, Netherlands to visit another customer.
- Thursday, afternoon: Drive back east 3 hours to Herford to sales meeting and dinner.
- Friday, morning: Drive south west to Bielefeld to visit a couple of customers.
- Friday, afternoon: Drive 1Â½ hours north east to Hanover.
- Friday, evening: Flight from Hanover to Stockholm.
I’m doing this trip with my old classmate Andreas, nowadays a colleague of mine. It’s really nice to have a “real” friend at work (not that my other colleagues are not nice (quite the opposite!), but nothing beats a friend you’ve known for years).
The only slightly negative thing is that I get to spend my 27th birthday updating software on a large machine, several hundred miles from my love Sofie… Hopefully all goes well and I have time for a good German beer on Tuesday evening. Or maybe I should wait until Thursday and have a joint in the Netherlands instead!🙂