Monthly Archives: May 2009

Server is up again!

I finally took the time to investigate what was wrong with my server’s inability to get an IP address. It turns out that I had set it to static IP, but the specified IP was out of range of the router’s allowed IP addresses (something I thought only applied to its DHCP server).

I actually tried to extend the DHCP IP range to include it and rebooted it, which still didn’t solve the problem. However, I didn’t try to power it down completely, so maybe that was what made it “just work” when I attempted to fix it today. Maybe I just need to be a little more like mrz.

Anyway, here I am again, blogging world! I have lots to blog about, so please check back for more.